Facilities Management Specialist (Administrative Specialist 3)
Applicants who have already applied need not reapply.
When you come to work for New Jersey Judiciary, you will join an 8,500-member strong TEAM that operates with the highest standards of independence, integrity, fairness and quality service. You will be engaged with work that has purpose, meaning and makes a difference in lives of the public we serve. We work hard every day to build the public’s trust and confidence in our court system, which includes issues such as bail reform, marijuana decriminalization and recovery court.
Whether it be in a courtroom, an administrative office, a courthouse training room, an IT office or in the field, our Judiciary workforce is improving the lives of countless individuals and families every day. We honor the dignity and individualism of each member of our organization while fostering professionalism and continuous improvement in our work.
The Judiciary offers a strong opportunity for growth.
The New Jersey Judiciary is seeking a professional with excellent interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills to work in the Facilities Management unit under the direction of the Administrative Supervisor 3. The individual will work with the team on facilities related projects in the Richard J. Hughes Justice Complex and the thirty-four leased locations throughout the state.
Remote Work: The Judiciary currently offers a hybrid work schedule, and this position may qualify for up to 2 days of remote work outside of Judiciary buildings. To participate in this program, you will be required to have high speed home internet access.
Example of Duties:
* Maintain and analyze data in various Judiciary and Treasury database applications, including LBAM, Facilities Service Requests, and location/lease manager
* Assign work orders to the appropriate agency, document updates and follow up on projects to completion
* Review and compile reports in applications and in Excel relating to Facilities Management and make recommendations for new or enhanced reporting requirements
* Coordinate complex facilities-related work activities between the unit, internal customers, external agencies and vendors
* Create purchasing orders for facilities projects and liaison with Purchasing to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
* Attend site visits to determine floor plan adjustments and maintenance needs
* Support the RJH Conference Center as needed to assist with scheduling and event set-ups
* Assist in minor maintenance and repairs such as installation of keyboard trays, furniture repairs/assembly, and hanging bulletin and white boards.
Salary range is $55,694.69 – $85,817.10. For newly hired individuals, the starting salary will normally be at the minimum of the salary range.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional experience in program development, program coordination, program analysis, program administration and/or administrative research.
Substitution: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional paraprofessional and/or professional experience on a year-for-year basis with one year of such experience being equal to 30 semester hour credits. An Associate’s degree and two (2) years of additional paraprofessional and/or professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree may be substituted for one year of experience. A law degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
Education Note: Degrees conferred outside of the United States must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service. (See www.naces.org/members.html)
Driver’s License: Appointee will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
Residency Law: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” all persons newly hired by the Judiciary must establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
Authorization to Work: US citizenship is not required. Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the US according to Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations.
Applicants can apply online by October 11, 2023 at:
For additional information please visit www.njcourts.gov and reference Job # 2023-08583, Facilities Management Supervisor (Administrative Specialist 3.)
The Judiciary of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Ensuring an Open Door to Justice.