Director of Facilities Program Support Services
Facilities Services Division
The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) is seeking a fiscally minded, highly focused Director of Facilities Program Support Services (Director) to serve as a leader within its Facilities Services Division. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of the second largest school district in the United States and lead approximately 200 staff while overseeing the financials of exciting construction programs and projects, such as the current $14B School Upgrade focus of the bond program. This role requires someone with a public sector background who has ample experience in construction management, in particular the management of finances in this arena. The Director will be an effective relationship builder and negotiator, working with a wide range of stakeholders in the construction industry. The ideal candidate is eager to streamline the project and program controls of a construction project and ensure the Division is compliant in its financials. Someone who is highly communicative, trustworthy, and ethical is the ideal person for this position. If you are eager to work for an organization that values the future of education and positive impact on our youth while working on a wide range of construction projects, apply now!
See the full recruitment brochure here: https://indd.adobe.com/view/1eac1068-ca6f-49c0-b058-7fe7e1b77d27
The Director of Facilities Program Support Services (Director) will report to the Deputy Chief Facilities Executive and manage approximately 180 staff and actively oversee the financial controls of the $6.69B underway. The core duties of this role include leading FSD’s fiscal and construction management control functions, program management functions, legislation, grants and funding activities, and planning and implementation of related policies and programs. They will impart expert wisdom in the realm of design and construction contracts, financial forecasting, contract compliance, and negotiations. The Director is an integral part of the annual strategic execution of projects and will bring a deep understanding of how to prioritize projects and consult with others to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. In addition to communicating with contractors and other LAUSD partners and contractors, the Director will serve as a respectful and well-spoken representative of FSD during Board of Education and inter-divisional meetings. All of the Division’s fiscal activities are managed by the Director, making it essential that they are well-versed in construction, design, and maintenance budgets. As a testament to the role’s robust fiscal duties, this Director will be responsible for managing the financials and auxiliary services of the Bond program, which you can find out more about here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of project financing, bonds, and financial forecasting while also being a visionary leader and people manager who thrives in a team-oriented work environment. They will inspire staff through creativity and entrepreneurial efforts, build positive and cooperative relationships within the organization and beyond, and will exhibit an aggressive approach to facilities operations and construction. They will have a proven record of project successes and be knowledgeable about contemporary principles, practices, and methods in facilities administration, particularly in reference to educational facility planning, school utilization, and architectural and engineering procedures. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate a complete understanding of all aspects of successfully completing construction and modernization projects in accordance with precise design standards and regulations. The successful candidate will champion cooperation among all construction team members and play a key role in creating opportunities for small business success.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in architecture, engineering, planning, facilities management, construction management, finance, accounting, or an advanced degree in any subject
- Ten years of experience, including executive or management experience, managing the program budget, finance, and controls related to large programs or projects in construction value in excess of $500M involving construction of new facilities or the planning and coordination of capital projects
- Possession of a valid California driver license and the availability of private transportation, or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation
- Experience taking courses in business or public administration, public relations, accounting, school finance, personnel management, and communications
- Master’s degree in business administration with a concentration in Finance
- Valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer by the California State Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- Valid Certificate of Registration as a licensed architect by the California State Architects Board
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Annual salary of $186,153.12 – $227,441.40 DOE/DOQ and an attractive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY: For first consideration, apply by June 30th at: https://wbcpinc.com/job-board
SECURE THE DATES:
- The first round of interviews will be held virtually via Zoom on July 21st. The second round of interviews will be held in person on July 28th. Candidates invited to interview will need to be available for both days.
Please contact Veronica Romero, HR Representative, with any questions:
- (213) 222-3885