Chief Facilities Executive
About the Company:
We are LAUSD. We are at the forefront of innovation in public education, focused on a clear and inspiring vision of the future for all of our students as they venture forward on their journey as lifelong learners. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in a role supporting the business of education. Our work directly contributes toward the goal of ensuring that our students graduate ready for the world – ready to thrive in college, career and life.
About the Role:
The Facilities Services Division (FSD), which is comprised of approximately 3500 staff members, is responsible for the execution of the District’s school construction bond programs, the maintenance and operations of schools, the utilization of existing assets, and master planning for future capital projects.
The Facilities Services Division is managing a $32.9 billion bond program with the current goal of repairing and upgrading our aging and deteriorating school facilities. Since the inception of the program, FSD has completed over 23,250 school modernization projects that provide upgraded facilities which help improve the learning environment for students.
The ideal candidate for the position of Chief Facilities Executive will have extensive experience managing multi-billion dollar projects involving various types of funding (i.e. State, Federal, local, and bond). Additionally, she or he will be fully knowledgeable of principles, methods, and practices of facilities administration with particular reference to educational facility planning, school utilization, architectural and engineering procedures, and activities related to the management of construction and maintenance of school sites.
Specifically, our ideal candidate will possess:
- Deep knowledge of the principles and practices of architecture and engineering as applied to the design and construction of a variety of capital construction projects; methods of facilities management; and principles of real estate and assets management
- Familiarity with local, State, and Federal laws and regulations pertinent to facilities planning, design, and construction; maintenance and operations; and environmental protection
- Knowledge of principles of business law, contract law, and public contracting
- Awareness of funding mechanisms and sources of funding for education facilities projects
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- The ability to formulate a clear organizational vision and operational goals and objectives for the management of the District’s facilities management and bond-funded capital construction programs Interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse audiences, as well as the ability to foster trust and confidence with those with whom she or he works, and the ability to persuade and influence across an organization and up to the executive level
- Drive and ambition to move projects and initiatives forward
- Excellent presentation skills and experience speaking in front of diverse audiences; she or he will be able to convey complex technical issues to non-technical staff
- Leadership skills to expertly manage and motivate a team of professionals
At a minimum, candidates will possess fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible construction experience managing large program/projects that involved the construction of new facilities, or the planning and coordination of capital projects and/or facilities maintenance and/or operations with at least ten years executive or administrative experience managing projects/programs of construction value in excess of $200 million and a BA degree from a accredited college or university .
Up to $300,000 annually, 24 days of paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, retirement package, and more!!!!
We Offer an Extensive Benefits Package!:
- District paid premiums of several medical, dental, and vision plan options for employee and dependents, as well as life insurance plans
- Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS)
- 24 days annual paid vacation
- 13 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
For more information and to apply, go to www.lausdjobs.org OR please click on the link to be taken directly to the job application.
Read the full article "Job Posting: Chief Facilities Executive, Los Angeles Unified School District" on Facility Executive Magazine.